Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's a BOY!!!

Finally, someone in our family is going to have a boy!! Brandon's cousin, Jessica, is due in a couple of weeks and she is having a little boy, Landon. Today, my mother-in-law and i hosted a shower in her honor.

As you can already tell it has been a busy couple of days for me. I traveled to Georgia yesterday and had to be at church today very early. I was suppose to help Tammy, my MIL, with the decorations and food preporation yesterday. I was also suppose to make my gift... a diaper cake. Since I did not get home until late all of that was messed up. Tammy had to do everything herself and the cake didn't get made until noon... the shower started at 2.

The diaper cake was turning out great until I got to the last tier, the bottom. I had all the diapers rolled up nicely and was putting the ribbon around the tiers. I heard a snap and I knew immediatly the rubber band around the bottom had broken. My cake was ruined!!!! What was i going to do???? Not to worry with a little help from the hubby life was back on track.

THE FINISHED PRODUCT

Tammy made a great spread. Jessica received lots of beautiful gifts. The shower was a success!!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Nice cake chick! You are so Martha Stewart. :)