Thursday, October 30, 2008

Update on my Dad. . .

The Dr. came in tonight with the results from the MRI. My dad has suffered a large stroke on the left side of his brain. The Dr. thinks it happened within the last two weeks.

Tomorrow, more tests will be done to determine how severe the damage is. (Hopefully, I get all of this info right...it all sounds foreign to me) My dad is having an ultrasound on his neck to check for bleeding and/or clots. He is also having a cath ran from his thigh to his brain to look for inflammation, bleeding, or clots. His heart is being monitored and will have an ecocardiogram.

The results from these tests will help determine what route we will have to go on in the recovery process.

Please continue to pray for my dad and especially my mom. I know how hard this has been on me but I can only imagine how difficult it must be for her. Thank you for all your prayers.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Your whole family is in my prayers!

Stacy said...

Summer, You and your family are in our prayers. If you need anything please let me know.

Jennifer said...

Praying for all you esp your dad and your mom...

Summer Martin said...

I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Let me know if you need anything:)Can't wait to see you at trunk or treat.

Natalie Kellett said...

Oh. I didnt know this! I will be praying for you dad. He is in a icu. Also what hospital is he at? xo