Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Addie's Birthday Weekend. . .

As you all know Friday was Addie's "real" birthday. I took the day off to "spend time" with her. This didn't really happen... I was a tiny bit busy running all over the world getting things for her party on Saturday. Brandon couldn't really help me because, let's face it, someone had to work that day in order to pay for the great party we were having. I felt so bad for him though. He barely got to see her between working and going to a meeting for dinner.

My fabulous friends were gracious enough to help me with my never ending list of things to get done before Saturday. I was very calm and collective (remember this) because I had "plenty of time to get it all done". My friends knew better!! Tracy made ALL, yes I said ALL and by all I mean like 50!!, of the cupcakes. Rhonda came over and iced ALL the cupcakes! Which just so happened to turn into a small disaster, I will get to that in a minute.

We decided to go to dinner at Fugi's. Good food that is cheap...even better. We, 11 of us, ate for about $25. I think we picked the wrong night to go because all the teenagers were there. Addie had a great time! She was full of smiles all night!

All the Kiddos

After dinner, we went back to our house. The kids played and the moms talked. Some time passed and I decided for some unknown reason to look at the cupcakes I had already put into containers. * Remember the disaster I mentioned* Well. . . about 1/2 of the cupcakes had lost their icing!!! Apparently, this particular icing, Rich and Creamy by Betty Crocker, is not supposed to be stored in a covered container. What smart people we have working at Betty Crocker! Who makes icing that can't be stored?!?! Not to worry , my trusty friend, Rhonda, volunteered to come early to the party to redo the icing.

PARTY DAY!!!

Thinking that I am "Super Mom", I decided to go to a meeting that lasted all Saturday morning. Great idea....because I had "plenty of time" to get everything done. The party didn't start until 6! I was still calm and collective. I made a list during the meeting. Brandon was at home getting everything outside looking good. We had "plenty of time".

Get home and realize I still had a million things to do!!! Now I am starting to panic!!! It is 4:00 and noting is set up!! Really start to panic!! Rhonda comes to rescue me !!! Everything gets done before the guests arrive!!!

Brandon did a great job on the grill. Tammy did a great job on the rest of the food. Everyone LOVED her baked beans. I need to get her recipe for those. The cupcakes turned out great. The kids liked the cupcake bar. I had lots of toppings out for them to decorate their own cupcake.

Cupcake Maker- TracyZachary

Brynn


Addie on the other hand was not to sure about her giant cupcake. She kept shaking her head "No" and didn't care too much for her hands being dirty. Ella Kate, Brynn, and Karson helped Addie with eating it.

I made the cake myself!

Birthday Song

Ella & Karson

Brynn

End Results

After cake, we opened gifts. Addie had the most fun with the paper. Karson and Ella helped her with the opening. I think she got just the right amount (not too many toys)! After opening gifts, she was all tuckered out and fell asleep. She had had a long day, a great day, but a long one!

Thank you everyone who came and a BIG thank you to everyone who helped make Addie's 1st birthday a day we will always remember!!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Love the pictures, love the blogging, love that GIRL! ;) I do really love the one of her with cake on her hands and it looks like she's squealing!!

Natalie Kellett said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. She is just precious