Sunday, February 3, 2008

Making a Chef. . .

I love to cook. I am not the best at it but I do enjoy it. As a child, I remember helping my grandmother in the kitchen quite often. My 2 favorite things to help with were sweets, mostly pies, and biscuits( I liked taking the glass and cutting the circles, biscuits, out). These are some of my fondest memories with my Mama Ann, as I call her.
Since I liked doing this as a kid, I try to involve Brynn in the cooking process. She is a good helper...most of the time. I have to admit I do enjoy spending this time with her even though I am a perfection and like things to be done a certain way. I figure this is a learning process for not only her but me as well. It teaches both of us to have more patience-her to wait in putting in different ingredents and me to be patience with her in that all things don't have to be exact!
Any how, last night I let her help me make a casserole for our SS class. We had a lot of fun doing this together. Brynn got to pour the ingredents in and I got to build memories with my daughter.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

How cute! She looks like she's having a ball!

jkstrib said...

The stuff lasting memories are made of! I love the last picture...she is your "mini" me!!!