Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow. . .

even mentioning the word in South Carolina means the grocery stores will be running out of bread and milk. I am not sure why people only get these 2 items, but they do.

A few weeks ago, we got some snow. Enough to close school - 1 inch!! Most people had less, so we were pretty lucky.

Waiting with anticipationBrynn couldn’t get out the door fast enough. She wanted to make a snowman and have a snowball fight. The problem was the snow was extremely powdery. Poor Addie didn’t have any snow gear. Her hand-me-down Keds have NO tread on the bottom, so she was slipping and sliding all over the place.
The trampoline seemed to have the most usable snow. The girls had the best time jumping and throwing the snow in the air.Addie and I stayed out long enough to get pictures. We are not much for the cold weather! Brynn and Brandon stayed out a little longer.

By noon, all the snow was gone….just the way I like it!!!

3 comments:

JESSICA said...

Your girls are growing up so much! I know they enjoyed the snow just like mine did...now I am ready for spring!

Ashley McWhorter said...

So fun. It is more than our "sprinkle" that we got a while back. :)

Amber Hill said...

I was so mad that day! When I went to bed it was snowing here and when I woke up everything was covered in snow. Covered meaning, lightly dusted. Greenville didn't get any snow though, so I still had school... so I slipped and slid out of the neighborhood until I got on the main roads to go to school.

The girls are so cute!