Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Picky Eater. . .

I guess Brandon and I should have seen it coming. We are both extremely picky eaters. When we had Brynn we thought she would be the same way...WRONG! She eats alot of things, alot of things that most kids probably wouldn't eat. She may not be a picky eater but she is picky about when she wants to eat, which is the problem.

Addie, on the other hand, is our picky eater. I can already tell she is going to eat nothing...and when I say nothing, I mean NOTHING!! I have been trying for some time now to get her to eat baby food or any kind of food for that matter. In baby food, she will only eat fruits, a few...VERY FEW vegetables, and ABSOLUTELY NO meats!! In real food, she has eaten green beans, french fries, and her favorite animal cookies. I keep trying and she keeps gagging. When I say gagging I mean all out gagging. She shakes her head and gets the chills.

I try to sneak the foods she seems to not like in between the foods she does like. This doesn't work either. I think I am going to give up and come to the conclusion that she is definitely my child which means she will be a picky eater!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

How funny!! No wonder I've never seen you in public trying to feed her food!
All I have to say is...try really hard now or you'll have a 3 year old who STILL hasn't eaten a vegetable OR fruit. But she sure can down a cupcake! :)

Summer Martin said...

I have never seen a child her age gag on food the way she does. It is almost not normal. I agree with Rhonda about keeping on feeding her. Does she do better with real food than baby food? When Andrew was little he never ate baby food because he didn't like it, he only ate real food like we were eating. I would just mash it up or put it in the food chopper for him.

Alison said...

She sure does take after her mom and dad!! I hope things are starting to get better! :) Can't wait to see ya next Friday!